Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thing 2: What is Web 2.0?

So far, I have watched Stephen Abram's video and read John Blyberg's blog post. I'm hoping to complete the Thing #2 assignment today. I understood most of the acronyms used in Blyberg's blog but did not know what ILS stood for, so I looked it up on an online acronym dictionary and decided it must mean Integrated Library System, so I sent out an email to all of the ACLD staff to let them know, in case they had the same problem I did. It made a lot more sense after figuring out what that meant. I finished Thing #2 or at least as much as I am going to do with it for the time being. There is a lot of material to read and not enough time to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! thanks for the ILS info. Sometimes all the 2.0 talk feels like listening to EX-Pres. Bush trying to sell Private spending accounts to the American people. Actually I do find the 2.0 stuff interesting and surely think it to be a large part of Library futures everywhere-but isn't the real place Libraries can truly compete in the place of our people, one on one help,personal contact? Not to exclude the 2.0 genre-we need to enhance our services in this area and at the same time not undo any of our core strenghts. franque23

    ReplyDelete