Monday, February 9, 2009

Thing 4: RSS and Newsreaders

Okay, I set up some RSS feeds. I am a little frustrated with this whole process. I feel like I need to work on it at home when I have more time to really explore the topics and spaces and all of the options. I did go to Google Reader and subscribe to three RSS feeds, but I don't know when I will have time to read them. Basically, I think it is good to have an overview of these technologies, but I think they are very time consuming. Who has time for this?!!!! I think a lot of this is great for students and/or professors. It could be wonderful for anyone trying to keep up with the latest information in a specific field, but it is too much for me. I don't have time to read all the books I want to read as it is. I can see where it would be great for a news junkie friend of mine. He probably already does this kind of stuff. I know he has a blog already.

On another subject, I wanted a way to keep a kind of diet/exercise diary and started a blog on that last night from home. However, I just really wanted it for myself, so I changed the properties, and I ended up changing the properties for both blogs. Can't I make one more private than another? Again, I got so frustrated trying to figure it out that I just gave up. Maybe I'll be able to figure it out when I have more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment